View Single Post
July 18th, 2011, 07:01 PM
mom2moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5lopez View Post
After 4 natural births, and then having Mia with an Epi, Im torn....I mean it was an UNBELIEVABLE delivery, not an iota of pain, not one contraction did I feel (I got the epi before they induced me), but the swelling after delivery was horrible. My eyes became slits and my whole body ballooned up. I was like this for almost 3-4 days. I dont want that again, but I also love the NO PAIN delivery.....I just cant decide, lol...

If they could tell me the swelling was a one time thing and not likely to happen again, I would go for it I guess.
Did you ask your OB? I asked mine about if I got the epi again, if it was for sure NOT going to work, as it didn't the first time. She told me that just because it happened once, doesn't mean it WILL happen again. Apparently, epi's are weird like that??? I don't know. I wouldn't like to be puffed up for 3 days. I was standing and fine less than an hour after delivery. but then again, as it didn't take, I felt EVERYTHING, including when she cut me and when she sewed me up later. NOT for the faint of heart. LOL