View Single Post
July 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think a lot of it is because public school is always portrayed as 'the place to be', basically. Everything you see on TV, from 'Sid the Science Kid' through "High School Musical' shows only the best things about it. Kids are fed a constant stream of flawed advertising from day one. Also, books and TV shows always portray it as the only option. I've never seen a home-schooling TV show, lol.

My daughter says the same thing. She asks why she can't go to school with her cousins, and even though she loves doing our school here at home, I think she assumes that one day she'll go to public school. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have a choice, lol. I try to explain to her how it's better and easier to do school at home (positively, without putting her cousins down), and how special it is that Mommy gets to stay home and teach her. One day she'll get it

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.