Topic: New York City
View Single Post
July 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been on a huge NYC kick lately....for about the last 6 months or so...I've started looking into going, maybe taking our tax refund next year and doing it. We've been in a vacation "rut" - I call it a rut, but I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just for the last 2-3 years, it's been all cruises and Disney World...which I obviously love or I wouldn't be doing it, but I would like to go somewhere just DH and I and I think NYC is perfect.

I know this board doesn't get much traffic anymore (so sad!) but if anyone has any NYC advice to offer, please let me know. (I'm taking about you, Erika! LOL and anyone else who has been.) What are your favorite places in the city? Hotels to stay at/areas to avoid? We would probably do something quick like 3 or 4 nights. What is a can't miss thing to do in a short trip? It seems like there are so many can't-miss things that I am getting overwhelmed when I start to look. I'd really love to do a broadway show, go to ground zero, jog in central park. Also, between April and October, what's your opinion of the best time to go? Probably avoid the heat of the summer, yes? Although I seriously doubt it would phase me, I am so used to the 115F heat index with 90% humidity of the gulf coast... But remember, I do NOT like the cold and if September/October would be too cold (cold = 60s or lower...yeah I know, roll your eyes at me!), then forget I even mentioned those months!