View Single Post
July 21st, 2011, 08:22 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Here's the thing, you're married. I understand your sisters and sister in law felt it would be best for you to wait before getting pregnant but they aren't in your relationship. Whether it was decided upon or not, it's happened and it's between you and your husband. I'm sure if you sat them down and told them "remember how I had planned on waiting to get pregnant because I wanted at least a year alone with my husband before trying??" and they will say "yessssss", and you will say "well, I'm pregnant." Sure there may be some shock or silence, but you know what? it honestly doesn't matter what they have to say about it. All that matters is you and your husband being happy about it. Okay, you told your husband you wouldn't mind being a housewife and he agreed that it would be okay with him too. You said he makes more than enough money to support you and a baby if need be so don't stress the working part. If you can't right now then you simply can't. It doesn't mean he married a "loser". Everyone lives their lives differently. I got pregnant at 19 and my husband (fiance at the time) moved in with me and he worked while I stayed home. I have NEVER worked a day in my life. I'm serious when I say that. And although I wish I had at SOME point in my life, it doesn't mean I won't in the near future. I have 3 kids and I'm looking to work sooner or later. I'm only 25 so I have a lot of time. No experience but I'll figure something out. Gotta start off somewhere. And look, you weren't working because you were attending college. That says a lot about you (GOOD THINGS) but it definitely doesn't say LOSER. As for your mom, at least you'll have her support and sometimes one persons support is all you need. Your sisters and sister in law will honestly get over it because as you progress in your pregnancy, things will become very exciting. Not just for you but for them too. Especially if you try to include them in the little things, if you're comfortable with that.

Take it day by day. You got pregnant because it's meant that way. As for you cleaning the litter box, I wouldn't worry so much as you're very early. If you were well into your first trimester then it may be different. When you see your doctor mention it to her/him but I think you're fine. When I was unknowingly pregnant with my first I changed the cat liter but when I found out that I was expecting I never did it again and everything turned out okay. Don't worry about the caffeine either. I drank a lot of soda in ALL my pregnancies and my kids are just fine. I don't drink coffee but it's not that big of a difference. And you've been drinking? I drank a week before finding out I was pregnant with my second and when I got pregnant with my fourth I honestly drank every weekend. I even drank on New Years and got so drunk and then 2 days later I found out I was pregnant. It's okay, it's not like you're 3 months pregnant and you're drinking. You're going to be fine and so is your baby.

Sorry this is long but I just wanted it to be thorough because I want you to know that everything will work out. Good luck to you and again, congrats! Happy and healthy 9 months!!!