View Single Post
July 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I love the everyday math program - it is a bit expensive to get the whole thing though. I use it as a PS teacher, and I have fallen in love with the program. It does a lot, but in a very concrete manner for the children and it offers alternative methods for + - * / algorithms which can be very helpful for children who are struggling with the "traditional" methods. It was developed based on what people who are good in math do naturally, so it really improves mental math abilities. Also, it is a spiraling program so a concept is introduced and then it appears again and again in following lessons, but is not "drill and kill". If you go for it you'll need: teacher manual vol 1 &2, student journal vol 1&2, math masters book (this has all the tests/quizzes, home work practice sheets, and extras needed for lessons), and a student reference book (although you can do the lessons without it for the most part - I really don't use this too much since I teach special ed and most of my student struggle to read so I avoid forcing them to read in math to ease some of their frustration).