Topic: Needto vent.
View Single Post
July 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Yeah I get that. DSD is an only with her mom too and expects all the attention to be doted on her. It's really just a take everything with a grain of salt type of situation. You feel in love with this man for a reason, so don't let the smalls things get in the way of your love for him. We can never force the non biological parents to care for our kids the way we care for them. I think if you look at yourself you can see what I'm talking about. Not saying that you don't care for your sd but that it's not the same level of caring that you have for your own bio kids. It's just a natural thing and if people were to say differently, don't buy it they're just trying to convince themselves. I've been a step mom for 9 years. I love dsd and have been in her life since the age of 3. But I cannot say I love her the way I love my own two kids. It's just different. And once you can accept that your husband probably feels the same way you do, it will get easier.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11