Topic: Scared Newbie
View Single Post
July 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,

I am new to these boards. I was on different boards through the pregnancy of my son and loss of my last pregnancy, but they seemed to have gone down hill in the past year, so I found my way over here and it seems very kind and supportive here.

I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago and was skiddish to join here until I got my second ultrasound today since I felt like I was going to jinx myself. I have one child and this is my 4th pregnancy, with my last one being from a very traumatic ectopic (the ER missed it twice when I kept telling them something was wrong. The ER Dr finally told me even though my OB said I should go home he would admit me for pain control, I turned him down initially, then decided to stay when the pain got worse, 30 min after getting admitted I was in emergency surgery.)

Anyway, my LMP was on May 20th, but I never got a + OPK and had negative PT until July 7th, when I took a test just because I was having abdominal pain again. 2 weeks ago I had an ultrasound and they couldn't see anything. I had another one today and the pregnancy IS in my uterus. YAY! They estimated me at only 5w6d which give me an EDD of St. Patty's day instead of the original Feb. 23rd. (Which is really cool since we are Irish). But on the US the heartbeat was only 105, so I have to wait a week and go back. I have been cramping a lot, but everything else seems to be going OK. I am relieved that it is where it is supposed to be, but I am worried about the heart rate. I hope that just being so early it was slower than normal. Did anyone else get a low heart rate on an early ultrasound? TIA, and nice to meet you all!

Last edited by FireMedicMom; July 22nd, 2011 at 02:22 PM.