View Single Post
July 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, stability could be the best thing for the kid. Kids do soooo much better when they have a stable environment, especially at that age, so having him in your house full time might be more work in the beginning, but once he gets on a steady routine and is aware of the rules and boundaries, you might possibly see a whole new kid.

Also, if you have a negative energy when you're around him, he's likely to pick up on it and then respond to it. I'm not gonna say "love him like he's your own" because that's just not the situation for everyone, but you can't build up a wall of hate around him. IMO, kids cannot be entirely blamed for certain behaviors, especially at such a young age. Kids do what they know works and it's up to the parents to change that. If he sees that screaming and throwing fits is in some way working for him, then he's going to continue to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
I wish we would have been able to get full custody when dsd was younger. I would have raised her differently.
I think the same thing about DSS all the time. Unfortunately, we still don't technically have full custody (it's supposed to be co-parenting but she only takes him every other weekend) and it would make things so much easier if we did.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog