View Single Post
July 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't post here much but reading your story reminded me of myself.

I have a 3 yr old stepson and my dh has 50/50 custody of him but he hasn't seen his bio mom since november so really he's with us full time. Me and dh got married when he had just turned 2 and I quit my job to stay home with him. 2's are bad but let me tell you 3's are worse. Not what you want to hear, I'm sorry. Everyone told me to love him more, give more attention.. blah blah blah. Yes, he needs to feel loved and have attention but don't beat yourself up like I did that you don't have that bond that you do with your bio children. I fake it. I love my ss because he's a part of dh.. everything else will take time.
I agree that stability will seriously be the best thing for him. Think about what's going on in his mind.. he's probably SO confused as to why he has to be with you guys for a bit then back with his mom, only to leave again. If you guys could get custody of him I think you would see a different kid. But, only if you work on his behavior. My ss had NO discipline at all. My dh is a very laid back guy and let everything go. Well because I was pregnant I knew I needed this kid to act better!! Once he knew what was acceptable and what wasn't it got alot better. It's still not great and we have bad, BAD days but it's better.

Just wanted to say you're not alone and there are others like you out there. Big hugs!! I hope things get better and if you need to talk/vent here is the place to do it!