View Single Post
July 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this blog thing but I'm looking to see if anyone has been in my position before.
I was 27 weeks and on vacation in CA with my husband when I went into preterm labor two different times. The first time I went in I was 1-2 cm dilated and 80% effaced and admitted for 3 days not allowed out of bed for any reason. I am now admitted again and have been here since July 9th. When I came in this time I was 2-3 cm dilated and 100% effaced. I'm on a magnesium sulfate IV to keep from contracting. During an ultrasound they found I have Polydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) and baby was measuring large. Usually this points to Gestational Diabetes which I do not have. They have no idea the cause. I am on a medication called Endomethacin (sp?) to decrease the fluid. They tried taking me off after fluid had decreased but it just came back. I will stay on the Magnesium Sulfate and Endomethacin until I'm 32 weeks and will likely deliver then. Until then however I am stuck here at the hospital.
Anyone ever been through similar circumstances before?
I am scared to death for the health of my baby and hope there is someone out there who has been through something similar.