View Single Post
July 25th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Mama of 3 beautiful girls
Send a message via AIM to Crunchymommy Send a message via MSN to Crunchymommy Send a message via Yahoo to Crunchymommy
I went to L&D Saturday evening having contractions every six minutes. They hooked me up to the monitor and monitored the baby and my contractions. A nurse checked me and told me I was 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. They told me they'd be back in an hour to check me and see if I'd made any change. Well, one hour turned into 3 & they finally came to check me again. This time it was a different nurse, she told me I was only 2cm dilated and very high and that I wasn't in labor at all. So they released me Saturday night around 7:30. I went home Travis made some pizza I ate and about 15 minutes later I threw it all back up. I tried to watch a movie with Travis & the girls but felt horrible after puking so I took a 15 minute bath then went to bed. Well around midnight I woke up to some really strong painful contractions. I walked through some of them until they got to the point where they were really hurting so I got into a tub of hot water. I woke Travis up & had him get me some ice water, he brought me the water & then he fell asleep in the bathroom floor. I labored in the tub for a good two hours then got out. I woke Travis up again around 2 am and told him my contractions were getting pretty strong and very regular. So he got out his MP3 player for me and put on some Enigma to try and help relax me through the contractions. He laid down in the dining room floor & went back to sleep while I was laboring. So I labored for two more hours listening to Enigma through out the time. It was like 4:45 a.m. when I decided that I should get to the hospital. I got to the hospital at about 5 am, had to register downstairs in the E.R. & had to ride in a wheel chair up to L&D, yeah apparently they have a rule where pregnant moms aren't allowed to walk to L&D. I felt like an invalid(SP?). So got tp L&D, they put me in a room had me get in a gown & since I'd been in earlier the previous day I didn't have to pee in a cup. They hooked me up to the monitor so they could monitor my contractions and baby. The nurse checked me and I was 3 cm dilated. God, being strapped to the bed during those contractions was awful! I laid in that dang hospital bed for two hours when they finally decided to check me again. The same nurse came in and checked me again at 7 a.m. & I was dilated to a 6cm so the nurse says you're progressing quickly so we're going to go ahead and put you in a delivery room. So they had me go to the delivery room & as soon as we got in the room another nurse came in and started setting the room up. Gosh some of those tools they use are scary looking! So by this time my contractions are alot more painful and alot stronger so I ask my nurse if I can please walk. She tells me that as soon as I get the antibiotics done then I can walk. So she hooks my IV up and gets the antibiotics going & omg those hurt like a MOFO! I swear I felt like my right arm was on fire & cold at the same time, it was the worst feeling ever! Once I had my two bags of antibiotics going she let me get up and walk. Travis and the girls walked with me for a little bit then he took them back to the delivery room & I walked alone for a little while. I asked if I could get in the birthing tub and my nurse said no that my Dr. didn't like to let woman as far dilated as I was in the tub because my bag of water was bulging! Blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada is what I had to say! So I continued to walk until my Dr. told me no more walking you need to lay down. Ugh, that pissed me off because it was easier for me to walk through my contractions than to just lay there. My dr. asked me I know like three or four times if I was sure I didn't want an epidural, I was like uh yeah I'm sure I did it natural with Bella & I will this time as well. That's what GOD put us on this earth for, to bear fruit and suffer through childbirth. It isn't supposed to be pleasant! I decided to watch cartoons with the girls to try and take my mind off the pain. Listened to a little more Enigma, but got to the point where it was annoying me to have the earphones in my ears so I turned the Ipod off. The nurse came back to check me around 8 or so & I was dilated to 8 cm. So she goes and gets my Dr. & she says I'm going to break your water, so I was like okay whatever go ahead I just want this baby out of me! So she breaks my water and at first nothing happens, no contractions for a little while & then all of a sudden they start coming so much stronger and I feel like I have to poo(sorry if TMI). The contractions were so freakin bad I was about to cry no ****, nothing like what I experienced with my natural birth with Bella(my contractions with Bella were nothing compared to these)! These contractions were monsters, they hurt sooo bad! I remember at one point squeezing Travis' hand and saying OMG I can't do this, I don't think I can do this & he said yes you can & my nurse said yes you can you can do this you're doing great! Then she asked me if I wanted to try and push through the contractions so they wouldn't be so painful & I was like yes. So I pushed through about three contractions and the Dr. came back in and checked me & said you're complete & ready to go push for me. I pushed with all my might and I got a little vocal with it(never done that before, I was so peaceful & quiet with Bella & Kit) I was really loud & scared Bella(she was on the other side of the curtain with Kit, we had no one to watch them! Anyway I pushed once hard push & she came out & omg I felt the ring of fire that women talk about experiencing during labor(I've never felt it before until I had Aria) it was horrible! So after one minute of pushing Aria Sylvana Mikelsea made her debut into the world & she was beautiful! They laid her on my tummy immediately after I delivered her, but as soon as Travis cut the cord they wisked her away to the heated bed(which was in the room). They kept her in the bed for what felt like forever because they had to get her body temperature up. I kept asking if I could have my baby & they finally gave her to me after having her forever, LOL. I nursed her for whole hour before Travis finally got to hold her. She was born all natural at 38 weeks 5 days on July 24, 2011 weighing in at a whopping 8lbs & 5 oz(my biggest baby) 20 inches long with a 13 3/4 inch head and a 13 inch chest! My girls were in the room the whole time I was laboring & giving birth ! Thanks for reading & if you've made it this far, here's a big hug for ya!

Aria Sylvana Mikelsea Young

Thanks to *Sharon* for my beautiful siggy

Last edited by Crunchymommy; August 2nd, 2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Left some stuff out