Topic: Disney World
View Single Post
July 26th, 2011, 05:46 AM
It's me
I love Disney!!

Even though I've been almost 20 times, I've never been in the summer, so I don't have any seasonal advice other than it's going to be HOT. As long as you don't go to a DVC (vacation club) resort, you should be able to ride the Disney bus to any Disney hotel to use their pool. They never ask to see the room key. This would be especially true at the value resorts located near Animal Kingdom.

Just about every day, we will go back to the hotel around lunchtime or shortly after to go swimming. It's great on really hot days and let's people rest their feet and charge up for the second round of going to the park. My feet would start killing me on day three, usually, but since we have been doing this, I haven't had sore feet once.

EPCOT - My son (age 6) loves test track and the Kim Possible missions. You go to a kiosk and pick up a mobile phone that talks to you and tells you to look for this or that in a given country and the environment will react to your kid pressing a button on the phone while you're standing in the right place. It's cool. He also likes Mission Space, but your son might be too small.

ANIMAL KINGDOM - My absolute favorite thing at the park is the Flights of Wonder bird show. It's really good. I also like Expedition Everest, but your son is probably too short. They have a lot of walking trails and the safari is good. Dinosaur will be too loud and scary for a 4 year old. The Finding Nemo show is excellent as well. It's my least favorite park, but it's some people's favorite, so it just depends on what you like.

I could probably type until my fingers bleed, but I'll stop here.