View Single Post
July 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran
One my last clinical before graduation, it was around Ash Wednesday and a very interesting conversation took place between my clinical instructor (CI) and her co workers. For some background, my CI is a very devout methodist (I think) and the other workers were of protestant religions. They work at a Catholic based nursing home.

It was Ash Wednesday and they were making fun of the Catholic and all the "weird" things they believed. I was laughing in my head because I thought they things they believed in were strange too. (And Ironically, they're beliefs were simular to Catholics.) I wanted to say to them that they too believed in an invisible man in the sky. And my other thought wondered why they were working in a Catholic institution if they thought the belief system was weird.

Though I was also a little annoyed because another student who was Catholic, and they knew she was Catholic, was in ear shot of them. I thought it was very rude of them to talk negatively of her religion when she could clearly hear them. She was also in a vulnerable spot being a student.