View Single Post
July 29th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Oh, Whitney.. I just saw your question about how much we're spending on produce. I haven't figured it specifically, but whatever we're spending on produce we are NOT spending on meat, ice cream, etc, etc, and so on. One meal we recently had was grilled red peppers with a Mexican Jugo juice and cherries for dessert... the cost was about $9 for the both of us. I'm thinking it costs about $10 for a batch of juice the way we usually make it (if we have to buy everything not on sale), and that makes about three quarts. I'm also buying bags of frozen stir-fry veggies (the way we're using this reboot you can also eat whole veggies and fruits) at almost $2. So, I'm thinking this is costing us no more than $15 per day at the outrageous grocery store prices we have to deal with up here. This time of year is perfect, though, because Farmer's Markets usually have really good prices, and we have a couple of neighbors who have been giving us extra produce. I'm really, really kicking myself for not getting a garden in this year, but oh well. So, that $15 is a high estimate I think.

I'm taking a rest day today, but I think I'm going to go nuts! The oldest two are out of town for the weekend, so I'm actually in charge of the littles all by myself. I've decided to take them to our little fair tonight to see the car races and hang out. We can't stay out too late though- I have a 5K to run tomorrow!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!