Topic: Name change?
View Single Post
August 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
As I've said at least a few times, DH doesn't agree with me on what constitutes an awesome baby name. I love Hermione, and he loves Nicole. I love Banner, and he loves David. You get the idea. So none of my kids tend to have the names I would love them to have, but they do have names I can live with, obviously.

But I'm sort of a name snob, and one of my main pet peeves is using a nickname for a given name (like naming your kid Katie instead of Katherine). I don't usually like nicknames at all (like I would prefer to call her Katherine), but sometimes they're okay.

I've always seen Heidi as a nickname. It drives me bonkers that I've given my kid a nickname as her given name, and has since we named her. Bonkers. DH picked it, and pretty much insisted. I wanted to name her Adelheid and CALL her Heidi. Nothing doing. So for the last YEAR I've been trying to get him to let me change it, legally, so that her name is Adelheid, and he's finally getting tired of hearing about it (meaning he might let me do it).

Thoughts? We would still call her Heidi, so she would see no difference and no one would even notice the change. I don't know why it bothers me SO much, but it really annoys me, lol.