View Single Post
August 2nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Regular
I'm so sorry you're going through this. An unplanned pregnancy is hard enough, let alone when you have a jerk of a guy to deal with too. I know it's really difficult to do, but try to forget about the baby's father for right now. Focus on you, the baby, and what you want to do. The father might come around eventually. I've heard stories of guys demanding abortion, only to come around months later. Some never come around. Would you feel comfortable having an abortion just to make this guy happy and keep him as a friend? Don't you question what sort of friend he is if he's making you choose between abortion and his friendship?
When I found out I was pregnant, my boyfriend was very supportive. I've not been in your situation. I know it's very hard to think about being a single parent and raising the baby alone, but it's not impossible. It's also really great that you have the support of your family.
Don't feel like you have to raise the baby though. Have you thought of adoption?
If you do chose abortion, DON'T do it because someone else wants you to. Do it because that's what you feel is the best option for you.

I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant, 19 when the baby was born. I had a very supportive boyfried, and both of our families came around, but I still had a hard time deciding what to do. It's completely normal to change your mind all the time. I used to convince myself about one option, and just as I thought my decision was final, I'd start questioning it and want to do something else. Don't feel bad. I felt the exact same way. There were times I just wanted to have an abortion to get rid of the entire situation and all my anxiety over it. I just knew that wasn't the right thing for me.