Topic: Name change?
View Single Post
August 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
frequent flier
I agree with the other ladies. I also don't like nicknames as full names, but unless you'd said something I never would have known that Heidi wasn't a full name. It actually seems like it's a name that's become a full name as it's traveled West -- that is to say, people in Germany might think of it as a nickname, but no one in England/the U.S./Canada ever would.

There are some names that could be nicknames OR full names, depending on context, and if you think about it Luke is also one of them (it could be nickname for Lucas or Lucius). Jamie is another one - it could be a nickname for James, or it could be a name on its own. Beau is also one, now that I think about it. Any of those names I would be perfectly fine using as full names, because they're not ONLY nicknames (not like Katie, or Laurie, or something like that).

Anyway, it's totally your decision, but I do think that Heidi fits much better with Luke and Lauren than Adelheid does. Adelheid seems much more exotic and sort of out of place.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)