View Single Post
August 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've done all different ways. My first was in the hospital, second in a freestanding birth center, and third at home. All with midwives (different ones each time) and all completely intervention free other than late stage ARM with my first. The last 2 were waterbirths.

With my hospital birth I had a midwife so she was already pro natural. I did "have" to be on the monitors a few times during the 5 hours of my labor that was in the hospital, but I only remember 3 times of about 10-15 minutes on the monitors. Other than that my midwife essentially locked us all in the bathroom and I sat in the jacuzzi tub throughout most of it. I did have to get out to deliver

My home birth I did have to pay out of pocket (about $1500). There were other midwives in the area I could have chosen that insurance would have covered, but I was more comfortable with the one I went with. Some insurances will cover part or all of a homebirth, some will reimburse a portion after the fact, some you can convince and some are steadfastly against paying anything for an out of hospital birth.

All three of my birth stories are posted in the subforum if you want to read them

I am curious why you chose Femtrol over others. I have lots of reproductive issues and I'm always looking for ideas

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!