View Single Post
August 6th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'm new here... 29 months... and just diagnosed with GD. My 1-hour test came back at 171 last week. On Wednesday my 3-hour test was disappointing. Fasting was 89, but 1, 2 & 3 hour numbers came back in the range of 170-190 or so, which prompted GD education.

I was sent home from my doctor's office with a glucose monitor and instructions to eat 45g of carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus another 15g of carbs in snacks 3X a day.

In general, I don't eat a lot of carbs... I've found that wheat has given me headaches since pregnant, so I've really cut down. I still eat fruit and non-gluten carbs, but having a really hard time getting 45g in at each meal.

Today was my first day of testing: fasting glucose 89, breakfast (17g carbs) glucose 91, lunch (42g carbs - not easy to do) glucose 115. I guess I'll see how the rest of my weekend goes...

I understand that I should try to be consistent with my carb intake while testing, but this is not going to be easy. Should I really be eating more carbs than I normally do?