View Single Post
August 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Welcome! I think the ladies above gave some great advice already. I just had my first home birth last year and am planning another one with this baby! I have also had two natural births in the hospital. One I was young but I knew I was going to have to fight for it. My OB just kind of chuckled under HER (yes a woman and who was also pregnant with her third child!!) breath at my mention of a birth plan and natural birth. Whatever! I stayed home until it was almost too late. My DD could have EASILY been born at home in my bath tub.

My second hospital birth was easy! My OB was so crunchy it was kind of funny. Her first name is Cedar. I mean really! hehe She had flowy long gray hair and wore those leather sandals with her scrubs. (I totally forget the name of them, they were really popular in the 90's with puffy scrunchy socks. They were slip ons. Oh!!! Berkenstocks!!! Yes!) Anyway, point being... if you want to be in the hospital or you have to be for insurance/money reasons... just choose the right provider. It doesn't have to be a fight!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!