View Single Post
August 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Veteran
I never updated here, but figured I need to now.

My biopsy came back with pre-cancerous cells on my cervix. At first we were going to go in and have them burned off. After talking with my Dr., we then decided to schedule a Lap. A. So that they can do the burning while I'm under. B. So that they can burn off some endometriosis, and have a look around. In the end, though, it's been decided to go in, do a hysterectomy, and burn off the leftover endo. This will rid me of the chances of developing cancer later in life, rid me of the horrible pain I've lived with for years because of endo and the cervical pain. I have Endo, PCOS, MTHFR gene mutation, and Thrombophilia. All of these things combined mean getting pregnant will be near impossible, and if I do, because of the Thrombophilia, pregnancy would be dangerous, birth would be even more dangerous, and my newborn's life would be on the line for up to 2 weeks after birth. So we've decided to cut my losses, so that I can live a (physically) pain free and cancer free life, and save myself the possible heartache of infertility and/or more losses.

Details haven't been discussed yet, but it's likely uterus, cervix and one ovary(the bad one) will be removed. They'll likely leave the good ovary so that I can avoid menopause at 23. I can't go on hormone replacement therapy because of the Thrombophilia, so if they take both ovaries I'm pretty much screwed...

Anyway, I just wanted to share. Thanks for listening.