View Single Post
August 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I would reread Ina May's "sphincter theory" chapter and that sounds exactly like your situation. Yes you probably need someone to talk to between now and the next labor to work thru your fears and whatnot from the first two deliveries. Also, maybe finding a more NCB friendly atmosphere like a birth center, which is not home (which may give you more fear with your history and reaction to it) but not quite the hospital, but with most of the equipment you would find at a hospital. Also, having a care provider who is more attuned to your body and can refer, prior to birth, to an acupuncturist or webster chiropractor, to ensure the baby is in the right position. I do not think NCB is out of the question, but it will take work and finding the right environment and care provider.

And to add, I dialated very slowly. 6 hours after my water broke and my contractions were every 2 minutes and hard to talk thru, i was only finger tip. At 24 hours, I was at 6cm. I spent almost all of my labor walking up and down the stairs and took 2 bottles of castor oil (per midwife's rec). I ended up having a c-section, but because DD turned breech after 26 hours of labor, which maybe she was not fully engaged, hence not dialating fast, just like your baby was malpositioned and you were not dialating either. hindsight is 20/20 for sure.