View Single Post
August 11th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Week 31

Holy cow...I can't believe I'm at 31 weeks already! I am starting to realize with each passing week that I really didn't believe when we started this that I might actually go full term. But now that I'm in the 30's, I'm beginning to face the reality it being the third trimester and me still being pregnant. I'm kind of in shock, actually. I'm still a bit terrified of not having a take-home baby, even though I know the odds of it really happening are getting higher and higher as time goes on.

I'm feeling SO much better than last week--don't get me wrong, I still have insomnia, and heartburn, and ridiculous gas and constipation from the iron, and I'm pregnant-tired. But at least my heart isn't pounding out of my chest, and I can stand up for more than 2 minutes without feeling like I need to lay down for a couple hours. And I'm not living in fear that something is going horribly wrong and I'm going to have to give birth at any minute.

Meanwhile, Jim seems to be pretty excited about Maggie coming. I am noticing he's more clingy lately, which I'd expected to start happening as I got enormous. But he's also now obsessed with buying stuff for Maggie, like clothes and toys, and he's been talking at daycare about what will happen when she's born--how I'll go to the hospital with Daddy, and Nana and Papa will watch him.

My belly is getting ENORMOUS, to the point that some of my maternity clothes don't feel like they cover my belly all the way. I'm starting to feel most comfortable when I'm wearing maternity pants/bottoms that come up over my belly, so I don't have to worry about my stretch marks hanging out underneath my shirt! I'm also starting to have foot swelling at the end of the day and wondering if I should invest in a new pair of shoes...