View Single Post
August 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyceBrielle View Post
i say the heck with anybody who is going to judge another human being by a piece of paper with a name on it. Maybe instead of worrying about giving their children professional names, parents should instill in children not to judge others by something as silly as a name, Just my opinion tho
Well, it's not like I think people SHOULD be judged by their names, and of course many people will bring their children up to not be judgmental idiots. But at the same time, you can't ignore reality just because you don't like it. The reality is that your child WILL BE judged based on the name you give them, because this problem isn't going to magically fix itself with the next immediate generation. So yes, raise your children to not judge people they may employ based on a name. Raise them to not automatically think someone named Fantasia is a stripper, or someone named Johnnie is.. I dunno. A lesbian (not that I think that's bad). But at the same time, it would be a nice thing to do for our children to not set them up to be judged by people who weren't raised as well as they (our children) were.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]