View Single Post
August 30th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥womanintheshoe♥ View Post
My dh did this only the names he offered weren't ones he heard on TV, they were old girlfriend's names! We went to high school together and these were nice girls but seriously?! After much heated debate I told him that when he went through the baby name book and took naming our dc as seriously as I did then he would have a say; otherwise, I choose the name and he gets to find out at the birth like everyone else. I must say that has worked wonderfully for us these last 7 pregnancies.

In your situation I would make my own list and not mention it again to dh. If he wants to take naming his dc seriously then he will make his own list and then you can discuss name options. Otherwise, you choose the name, you sign the birth certificate.

Our girl names are also mostly 3-syllable ending in "-a".
I'm doing this exactly. I was running around the house doing chores last night and my daughter called out a name. My SO asked her a question regarding it but I didnt' hear the question. On purpose because I left the room.
I have my own notebook now with the names I love and will be naming her whatever I want unless SO steps up to the plate.
The thing is though that he says he is taking this seriously and that we have time and why am I in such a rush. "i'm not a discussion person" he says blah blah.

So I do have to ask this, SO and I have been together for some time now. We have no kids together but merged our families, he has 2 dd's I have 1 and now we will have 1 together. I'm on this huge debate about what dd2's last name should be as well?
My dd and I have the same last name, although when I gave birth to her I gave her her fathers last name. she hadn't seen her father since she was 4 and when she was 7 she asked to have her name be my name. So we went to court and had it changed. then her father passed away and I think she slightly regreted wanting her name to change.
I think it's easier to have the same last name and people dont' judge as much ya know.
We do not discuss marriage and I have no idea if this is even in the cards to where I would eventually get his last name. ....

pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aillidh View Post
Other suggestions:

Sienna
Chiara
Aurora
Tatiana
Estella
Gianna
Arabella
Gemma