View Single Post
August 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Super Mommy
Ariakan (AH-ree-AH-ken) - This is kind of neat.. it reminds of Kraken for some reason, but that's not a bad thing.
Caramon - I think people will call him Cameron A LOT before really paying attention. Also, Caramel. Not a fan of this one.
Elistan (EL-i-stan) - I really like this. I like the name Ellis, but it's way too feminine, and Elliott is too popular, not to mention being given to girls. Elistan is a nice compromise.
Raistlin - Not a fan. Reminds me of Waste/Waist.
Tanis - Its okay. Kind feminine sounding.
Tyrion (TEE-ree-uhn)- I don't like "y" in boy names, and I think this'll be mispronounced a lot because of names like Tyler and Tyson.

Arya - I really like it
Aeris - Also cute
Corinne - LOVE
Daenerys (dan-AIR-is) - Neat. I like it. Will be mispronounced a lot just by nature of phonetics. I would say it "day-NAIR-iss" on the first try, for instance.
Dania - Not my style, but it's fine.
Karissa - It's cute, but I prefer a lot of other names, such as Clarissa or Alessa.
Kira - Love it, and LOVE this spelling.
Kirianna - Cute, but seems like a tryndeigh mashup.
Kyrisa (ker-EE-sa) - I like it, but this spelling isn't intuitive to the pronunciation. I'd say it "Kie-rissa" on the first try.
Kyria - Eh, not a fan, and I doubt it'll ever be pronounced right either.
Laurana (lau-RA-na) - Very pretty, but again that -ana trend. I prefer Lauren or Lorena.
Milena (meh-LAY-na) - Cute. Reminds me of Milan.
Melina (meh-LEE-na) - Also cute.
Natalya - Dislike. I think Natalia is okay, but this just seems spelled wrong.
Terra - I like this. It's familiar enough to be a name because of Tara, but it's a totally different concept with the 'earth" connection. Awesome. I'm not really a fan of Tara, but I like it spelled this way.

I like A LOT of the girl names, and some of the boy names. I'm thinking my favorites are Corinne and Terra, and Elistan.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]