View Single Post
August 31st, 2011, 12:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So I do have to ask this, SO and I have been together for some time now. We have no kids together but merged our families, he has 2 dd's I have 1 and now we will have 1 together. I'm on this huge debate about what dd2's last name should be as well?
My dd and I have the same last name, although when I gave birth to her I gave her her fathers last name. she hadn't seen her father since she was 4 and when she was 7 she asked to have her name be my name. So we went to court and had it changed. then her father passed away and I think she slightly regreted wanting her name to change.
I think it's easier to have the same last name and people dont' judge as much ya know.
We do not discuss marriage and I have no idea if this is even in the cards to where I would eventually get his last name. ....

pointers?
Hyphenating both last names might work. My sil's new baby has my sil's last name as a middle name and then my brother's last name (did that make any sense?). So that's another option.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.