View Single Post
September 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes, when I had my son (I was 21) it was quite shocking to me that I got so many stretchmarks. Call me naive, ok, but I was thinking "hey, I'm young and healthy, why would I get stretchmarks?!" LOL so wrong...I went 8 months without a single one and then in the very tail end of pregnancy they just popped up one after the other after the other. I would sit and cry for 20 minutes after every shower because it was horrible to have to look at my stomach. Yes, maybe I'm vain but the fact that I will never be able to wear a bikini again was quite heartbreaking and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way!

After I had my son I was participated in a laser study for free (the laser is already approved, they were just studying how these two separate treatments would work together on stretchmarks). And my stretchmarks faded so much, but they were so bad to begin with that they didn't fully disappear like some other lucky ones do! I'm just waiting and waiting for them to bust out in full red/purple form again. As of right now, they are still white but I know it's not over yet LOL

Anyways, my long winded post was meant to say YES I feel the same way, you are not alone! lol When I was pregnant with my son I felt like I was the only one who gets stretchmarks during pregnancy, my friends and SIL didn't get not a single one, or at least not in places you can see...but how can I hide the ones that cover my entire stomach?! ugh, so unlucky!!