View Single Post
September 2nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
34 weeks! This was one of my goals for this pregnancy, so I am VERY happy to have gotten this far.

Today was my 34 week appointment, and it was by far the shortest and most uneventful appointment I've had. Which is how I like it! Seriously, I checked in for the appointment at 7:45 and was out of there by 8:05--usually that place is like a black hole and I'm there for hours, waiting to be seen and then having ultrasounds and stuff like that, so this was a refreshing change of pace!

It was the doc who delivered Jim again--this is the last time I'll be seeing him this pregnancy, I think, unless he ends being the one on duty when Maggie arrives. Yesterday I had some discharge that looked like it could be a tiny piece of my mucous plug, it came out while I was pooping. No blood in it, just a glob about 1/2 a teaspoon in size that was mostly clear to a teeny bit yellow. I called the triage nurse yesterday to just confirm it was no big deal, since I wasn't contracting or anything, and she said, "No worries, just mention it to the doc tomorrow."

Anyway, I told the doc about my little blob of goo, and he said, "Sounds like it could be a teeny bit of your mucous plug. I mean, I can check your cervix, but it wouldn't really tell us anything. You're not contracting, so, you're not likely to go into labor right away, and even if you did, we'd just let things go, since you're so far along." So I declined the cervix check, figuring the fewer hands on my hoo-hah, the better.

He asked if I was still working in a kind of concerned voice, and I said "Yes, but let me tell you what my job is like: I sit in front a computer with my feet up and chat with my coworkers. Seriously, it's not like I'm out digging ditches. And if I didn't feel up to it, my boss says I could work from home in bed with a laptop, or just not work at all." He said, "Oh, OK, that's great."

Then he said, "Anything else? Any questions for me?" And I said, "No, not really, everything's just going along like I'd expect." And he said, "I love how boringly normal this pregnancy has been for you."

Oh, and he said next week will be my last shot of progesterone. I'm excited about hopefully no longer having my insane mood swings Sunday/Monday/Tuesday of ever week, but hoping I'm not one of the smaller percentage of people who go off the shots and immediately go into labor! I'd really like to make it through the whole month...

Next appointment is next week with a new doc I haven't met yet--I get to meet 3 new docs in the next 4 weeks. Then I'll have met a majority of the docs in their practice, so hopefully it'll be a familiar face at delivery time!