View Single Post
September 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSilverSpec View Post

I was also told I should get tested for something called ITP because of my low platelets. Its a disease where your body just eats your own platelets for some reason and it usually flares up during pregnancy..otherwise youd never really know.
I have ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) PG can cause it to flare, but usually it is an
underlying immune disorder that causes it to come about.. Mine was my lupus. Deffinately get it
checked, it can also pass to the baby through the placenta from your antibodies so PLEASE
have them check the baby every week over the first month month and a half.. All of my
children have needed IVG to treat the ITP(maternal induced) I dont mean to scare you but
it is important.. Know the signs, look for petechial rash (Bleeding into the skin causes a
characteristic skin rash that looks like pinpoint red spots), easy bleeding, easy bruising,
bruises growing rapidly(like having an eraser sized bruise, that grows dramatically over night)
I hope your lil one does not have this and you do not have it either, But I just wanted to let you
know what to look for..

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014