View Single Post
September 14th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Sarah I've look into doing the medical transcription here but we don't have a demand for it. I think I'm going to check into it again though I know what you mean about jobs and money. The ones I find wouldn't pay me enough to drive to and from there each day.
Katie, my friend who does it found a job with a national company who I guess gets contracts from hospitals all across the country. These hospitals send in their audio to the MT company and then my friend downloads (or something similar) them, does the transcription, and then submits it to her company. This allows her to work anywhere she wants. The course she took to learn everything has a job placement program so that's how she found her job. Without taking the course, it would be nearly impossible to find an MT job like that where you can work from home. I think I'm going to look into getting a grant from the state to pay for the course (even if I can't, it's only like $1500 or something). With the one my friend did, she had a year to complete it...but you can easily finish it before then...depending on motivation.