View Single Post
September 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Week 36

I can't believe I've gotten this far. I seriously just can't believe it.

Today I had an appointment with yet another new doc--this one may actually be younger than me, she JUST joined their practice last month. She graduated from med school after I graduated from law school! I now feel old...but she seemed super nice like all the other docs, and totally competent. She came in and introduced herself, and then said, "So I hear your pregnancy is pretty boring! That's how we like it around here!" I laughed and told her that's how I like it too! She did the swipe for my Group B Strep test, and offered to check my cervix if I wanted. I asked if it would tell me anything useful at this point, and she said, "I mean, if you're 6 CM already, then yeah, but I doubt you are since you're not contracting. For most people, it just seems to make them more frustrated when they come in week after week and aren't getting more dilated." So I turned it down, since I'm pretty sure I'd be one of those people who obsesses about whether I'm making progress or not.

Met with our doula again last night, gave her our birth plan, she too giggled at the part about me not wanting to see anything if there's a c-sec. Every time we get together with her, I'm reminded again about how awesome she is. She gave me a sheet on different positions for laboring when you're having an epidural, and tips on perineal massage.

At this point, I'm sleeping extremely poorly, so I'm tired a LOT. I'm also having all sorts of weird twingy pains from Maggie moving around, like when she bonks on my cervix or my pelvic bone. But, I know all of this is totally normal. I'm hoping to make it to 40 weeks still, or at least past October 7, which will be my last day of work, at 39 weeks 1 day. Things seem to be on track so far...