View Single Post
September 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Mitten
I got this recipe from my nutrition coach and it is so yummy! I love having a big bowl of it in the fridge for when I am too busy taking care of the kids and don't have time to make myself lunch. It could also be used as a dinner side, and is super portable so it makes a great addition to potlucks.
15 oz. red kidney beans (1 can or 2 cups cooked)
15 oz. garbanzo beans
15 oz. white northern beans
15 oz. black beans
1 onion, finely chopped
Roughly 3 c. organic corn (fresh off the cob or frozen/canned)
1 small bunch fresh cilantro or parsley (1/2 c. chopped)
Ό extra virgin olive oil
3 T. balsamic vinegar
1 t. medium hot chili powder or Cajun seasoning
½ t. salt (or to taste)
1 small, or ½ large, lime (juiced for 1-2 T. total)
1. Drain and rinse all the beans well, then combine in a large mixing bowl. Add the onion,
corn and cilantro and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well. Add about half the
dressing to the bean/corn mixture. The salad will absorb a lot of the dressing overnight, so
add the reserved dressing and toss well just before serving.
3. Mix well, cover and chill overnight for best flavor.
From Weelicious, love these!
Portobello Pizzas (4 Big Kids)
1 15 Oz Can Tomato Sauce
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1/4 Tsp Thyme, Basil and Oregano
1 Tsp Salt
4 Portobello Mushrooms, stems removed (wiggle the stem back and forth gently to remove)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl to combine.
2. Preheat the oven the 400 degrees.
3. Place a piece of foil on a cookie sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
4. Place the mushrooms stem side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. If theres a lot of excess liquid on the cookie sheet, discard.
5. Place the mushrooms stem side up, cover with 2-3 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
6. Bake the mushrooms for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
, for my awesome siggy!
View Public Profile
Visit Racine's homepage!
Find all posts by Racine