View Single Post
September 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
I don't have it in me to care for a newborn and give my son all the love I want to give him. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad mom.
I don't think that makes you sound like a bad mom. I look at my daughter and my heart is so full of love for her -- sometimes I think like I'd be betraying her if I had another. I know it sounds weird, but I just do.

To answer the question, when DH and I had the "I want to have a baby talk", it was very clearly stated that the desire was to have A baby, not many. When we first talked about this, I was just so excited to try for one that I agreed -- and then felt so blessed when I had her that I was content. Like I said in my intro post, there's part of me that would like another, but I know in my heart that we're done. Financially, it will be so much easier for us to give her a good life. Emotionally, I don't know if I can handle going through everything again. And finally, I'm 36 (and a half!), so while there is still time for another, with only one good ovary, I know that my chances are going down every month.