View Single Post
September 22nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by inemlogi View Post
What is a doula??
A woman there to help you through labor and childbirth. She might give massages or help with coaching. She could help talk to nurses when you're concentrating on a contraction, stuff like that. =)

I had people there last time, and it's a mistake I won't make again. I think I got really ticked off with my FIL being there. I personally don't think he had any business coming while I was in labor. I was up every 10 minutes to potty, and it was so hard to maneuver my big pregnant self, the IV, and my open robe to not flash anyone. My MIL wasn't so bad except when I asked people to stay out. She came in a couple times when I asked them not to. So did my mom. Honestly, why did they think it was a good idea to come hang out with a woman on pitocin? It was started at 1 AM, and all I wanted to do was rest, not entertain.

This time my mom will know when I'm going because she's taking care of DD. My in-laws will be told I'm in the hospital after I pop the baby out. It will be so nice with just DH there.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com