View Single Post
September 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday I took a nap from about 11 until 2 and woke up contracting. DH went out to get lunch for me, and by the time he came back, I was having very painful contractions. I then went to pee and then DH called the doula. We timed the contractions and they were 2 to 5 minutes apart for about an hour and a half, and then I started to get queasy, which was the sign last time around that things were getting serious. So we called the doc and headed off to L&D.

We got settled into a room an hooked up to monitors. They monitored me for an hour or so, and then a doc came to check my cervix. I was at 2 cm and 30%, so the doc said it wasn't time to admit me yet. So we hung out waiting for discharge orders...and waited and waited. Then a nurse came in and said, "We saw some heart rate drops and we can't figure out if we are picking up your heart beat or if hers is dropping, so we are sending you down to ultrasound. And since it's been a while, we will check your cervix again when you get back."

So we went for a BPP, which she passed with flying colors, and they wheeled me back upstairs to l&D. A new doc was on duty by this time, and he checked my cervix and said it was still at 2. So, then they sent me home for real, and told me to come back when I couldn't talk through the contractions anymore.

DH and I got some drive thru on a the way home, and went to bed. By then it was like 10pm and I was sore and tired and still contracting. But I managed to get some sleep, with plenty of tossing and turning of course.

This morning I am still regularly contracting and they feel a bit more painful than yesterday. I can still talk through them but they are getting stronger. I think today could be the day we get admitted for real...will keep you posted! At this point I feel ready and no longer want to go overdue, because I am feeling plenty of pain now and want it to be done!