View Single Post
September 29th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Join Date: Sep 2011
I usually put both DH&I' income into one revenue bucket and allocate it into several major expenses:
- home expenses consists of several sub-expenses such as: mortgages, association fee, property tax, insurance and utilities
- in-law financial support (because MIL is disable elderly and SIL is disable unwed-mother with a child)
- household expense consists of several sub-expenses such as: groceries, gasoline, car maintenance and medical expense
- miscellaneous budget such as: church donation and gift giving budget for weddings or friends invitation
- occasionally, if there is leftover, I try to save it
I buy in bulk for daily necessities such as: shampoo, soap, flour, sugar, pasta, etc and try to find the cheapest gasoline station in town and buy them around once a week.
I also try to cook more by cooking in the weekend and mid week and then freeze it into smaller portions for use during weekdays.
Hope this help
View Public Profile
Find all posts by elieli