View Single Post
October 1st, 2011, 02:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so we found out we're having a boy. Which is great and all, but I was hoping for a girl and had about 5 names that I liked and that SO agreed with for a girl. Nothing for a boy. Nothing jumps out at me and the names that I do like, I just couldn't imagine calling my child that for the rest of my (and his) life.

SO found the name Croix on our way out of the dr office on our last visit. Fell in love with it. I kind of like it too, but I just don't think it goes well with Charles. Doesn't have a very good flow to it IMO. So I asked him if we could hyphenate it and he agreed. Well he can't find anything he's willing to hyphenate it with. He likes Marrec-Charles... I don't. I like Avery-Charles. He doesn't. GRRRR!!

Anyway. The more I think about it, the more I dislike having a one syllable first name for my child. Just not a fan of it. So while Croix is still on the table I'd like to look elsewhere for a name idea. Charles doesn't have to be hyphenated, I just tried that because of the one syllable thing.

Other names I like:
Rhydian Charles
Knoxx Charles (1 syllable again)
Maddox Charles
Rowan Charles

SO doesn't like any of those suggestions. Rhydian is my favorite but he says it reminds him of Ridalin (the ADHD med) which is ironic considering he really liked Illyriah for a girl and he said it reminded him of Lyrica.

As you can tell, I like different names. The more uncommon the better- but not so weird that people say "you named him WHAT?" lol

Names that are out:
Grayson
Aiden
Payton/Peyton
Beckett
Braxton

Thanks for the help all! I'd love to have 3 or more suggestions to bring up to SO.