View Single Post
October 2nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Linda
This is the place to introduce yourself and get to know others.

Name:
Children(s) Name(s) and ages:
Child(ren) with ADD/ADHD:
Do they have ADD or ADHD or combinations type:
At what age were they diagnosed:
Do you or your childs father have ADD/ADHD:
What have you found that helps your child (wether it be meds, deep pressure, brushing, exercise, etc):
Something about you and anything else you would like to share:

I'll Start......
Name: Linda
Children(s) Name(s) and ages: Alexzander (6), Katie (5), and Aiden (2)
Child(ren) with ADD/ADHD: Alexzander and getting Katie tested and pretty sure Aiden will be diagnosed in the future
Do they have ADD or ADHD or combinations type: Alexzander (ADHD)
At what age were they diagnosed: 6 years old
Do you or your childs father have ADD/ADHD: I have comination type ADHD and am on Adderall. I was diagnosed when I was 9
What have you found that helps your child (wether it be meds, deep pressure, brushing, exercise, etc): With Alex sensory tools work wonders so we haven't done meds. Katie on the other hand I would like to try meds with her, nothing else I have tried works.
Something about you and anything else you would like to share: I am a single, foster, adoptive mommy. Katie and Aiden's adoptions should go through in the next two months. Katie also carries a diagnosis of pFAS (partial fetal alcohol syndrome) which basically includes ADHD. Aiden will probably be diagnosed with pFAS as well. Alexzander is my only biological child and has high functioning autism as well as ADHD and was diagnosed with ODD but I don't think it applies to him anymore.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG

Last edited by AlexKatieAiden Mommy; October 22nd, 2011 at 02:09 PM.