View Single Post
October 3rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Platinum Super Mommy
hi there, and welcome, kate! it's fabulous to have a new member, always, and you seem like a nice girl.
i am jaQfrom detroit (cool to have another euro-mama!). 27 years old and a single mom to tim/timmy- 8, melissa/missy- 5.5, nicholas/nick- 20 months, and though i was done after nick, i got myself a little surprise back in june, with another positive pregnancy test-- did NOT see it coming, even though i was a bit late, since i've never been regular. like i said, i AM single, and this baby comes with my best friend in the world, brandon, who didn't think he could have kids (he's nearing 40, so i guess it seemed logical to him that being a dad wasn't in the cards for him...) it wasn't what we wanted at first, but we quickly got very excited about it, and we're looking forward to meeting our little sylvia orrie, OR damon michael, in january-- i am due three days after you actually, but my first three were all born between 36.5 and 38 weeks, so i'm going out on a limb to say that this will be another january baby, and arrive a week or two before nicky's second b-day. i'm super-nervous to have these two so close in age; never had them so close before! i was totally done having kids when nick came along, but this sneaky little baby had other plans, and somehow made it through against all odds. i was in a car accident last night, and while i wasn't hurt, the little one has been silent, so let's pray that it's still a fighter.
i like your screenname by the way; it's adorable.
hope to get to know you well in the coming months and years (i've been in touch with my 2006 playroom mommies since late 2005, so that's pretty cool, and i hope we'll all hang around here for years to come!)

xoxo jump on into our conversations; you're more than welcome!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child