View Single Post
October 4th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had such high hopes for myself and being healthier this pregnancy. Then, I felt like such poop the first trimester, I did nothing but lay on the couch and eat crap. Then, the second trimester came, and I had a million excuses for why I wasn't exercising.

Sunday, I tried to go for a run, and realized how out of shape I was. No activity since June has taken a toll on me. At the end of May, I ran a 10 mile race, and now I can't run for 10 minutes straight. I know that some of that is pregnancy, but I also know if I had kept running, I wouldn't be as out of shape as I am now.

I decided to get back to the gym and do some interval training on the treadmill. Yesterday was day one. I am following the couch to 5k running program that I used to start to run. Yesterday was run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes. It actually went ok. I am a little sore, but that is to be expected. My legs have been used to being lazy!

Anyone else trying to keep up a fitness routine during this pregnancy? What are you doing for exercise?