Amma Heidi's Chili
View Single Post
October 6th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
In Texas we don't really add anything but tomatoes, beans, and meat to our chili. You can add other things to this like potatoes, bell peppers, etc. and it still tastes very good. If you add potatoes it thickens up VERY much though.
1 lb ground beef
2 cans tomato sauce (The next size up from the small 10 oz ones.)
1-2 can kidney beans (depending on your family's preference)
1 pkg McCormick's Chili seasoning
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Optional (and amounts varying to your family's liking):
Chopped green bell pepper
Chopped Yellow onion
Cayenne Pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in a dutch oven. (If you are sauteeing vegetables as well, I recommend doing it along side the meat.)
2. When the beef no longer has any signs of pink, add in 2 cans of tomato sauce and 1-2 cans of kidney beans.
3. Mix together and allow to simmer until bubbling.
4. Slowly add chili seasoning in graduated levels. (I recommend stirring it in and then tasting before adding more each time. )
5. If the chili is too thin, allow to simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve alongside cornbread and top with shredded cheddar cheese
This is really vague probably, but I don't really write recipes and all you do is pour cans of ingredients into a pot and heat them up
View Public Profile
Find all posts by VikingMamma