View Single Post
October 7th, 2011, 10:55 AM
(formerly junie22)
I've cut out alcohol entirely, except for each time AF arrives. I've been in no mood to do much of anything the past couple of days, but I told DH I'm going to enjoy a couple of my favorite beers this weekend (Deschutes Black Butte Porter)! He doesn't drink at all, so it makes it easier for me to abstain in general.

I've also cut out caffeine almost entirely. I only drink decaf coffee now, and that's not even daily. That was my biggest adjustment. I stopped caffeine back in June when we first started TTC. TMI alert... it has been a big adjustment for my GI system. I am not nearly as regular as I used to be. I must admit, though, that I do have chocolate from time to time. I just can't give that up, but it has very little caffeine compared to what my intake used to be.

I really wish I liked green tea, but I just don't. I do drink a cup of peppermint tea almost every evening, though.

I guess those are the biggest TTC adjustments I've made. In general, I eat very healthy and exercise regularly, so that's not been a problem. Actually, I've increased my calorie intake and decreased my exercise regimen since I started TTC because I was right on the cusp of being underweight before we started TTC. Now I'm in the normal weight range, which is supposed to increase chances of a healthy pregnancy.