View Single Post
August 10th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Regular
I was so glad to come across this board last night. I am currently pregnanct and almost 7 weeks along. My DH and I have lost 2 babies in the last year. We have a 4 year old son that was a perfect pregnancy and delivery. I got pregnant when he was 3 and was ready for a new addition to our family. We lost our sweet sweet baby in week 6 of my pregnancy. I started bleeding and it would not stop and by the time I got my bloodwork done I knew I had already lost the baby. Next pregnancy we were excited and apprehensive and scared at the same time. Things seemed to be going so well and a few days when I was through my first trimester I called my dr office because of a pin drop of discharge that I had(really thought it was nothing). My dr had me come to hear the heartbeat. He looked at me and said you will be in and out we are going to hear that heartbeat no problem. Well when trying to find the heartbeat with the doppler he couldn't, so he pulled in the ultrasound cart. I could tell he could not find it because he turned the screen from me. At that point he pulled in the vaginal ultrasound cart and found nothing. I had not even brought my DH with me because it was not a big deal because we thought everything was fine. My dr still wasn't satisfied and had my go to the hospital for a full blown ultrasound(knowing at this time we had lost our baby). My nurse drove me there and my DH showed up immediately. The US was done and no heartbeat was found. The beauty of that ultrasound is that we have beautiful pictures of our baby showing the legs arms perfect face. The next day I had a D&C and pathology reports showed that they think a blood clot went through the umbilical cord causing my baby to die immediately. The funny thing with this pregnancy is we actually had a fertility appt today and was suppossed to take some med a few Fridays ago to make me start my period. Before I started the meds they told me to take one more preg test even though I had 2 neg ones just to make sure that I was not pregnant. I took it at 6:30 on a Friday night and sure enough it was positive. Had to imediately go in and have blood work done and so far everything is good. I am just scared to death.