View Single Post
October 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Regular
hi all - hoping for any feedback from any moms with mono/di twins!

i am almost 33 wks with mono/di twin girls - overall i've been blessed with a completely uneventful pregnancy but can't count the # of times I've gone for weekly sono and feedback is "everything looks perfect - but you do know how high risk these types of twins are". (totally appreciate the honesty but gets tiring hearing same speech each week - I can say then more than sufficiently advised me early on about the risks with mono/di twins) ....

at last week's 32 wk sono, baby A is 3 lbs 10 oz and baby B s 3 lbs 9 oz which I was pleased to hear since it seems their weeks in utero are numbered. my OB originally recommended scheduling c-section for 37 wks (B is breech - I had hoped they might let me try for vaginal birth but all indications point otherwise) but moved it up to 36 wks based on recommendation from MFM MD. then at this week's 33 wk sono, got another very positive report on babies activity, fluid and cervix but different MD was adamant in her recommendation about delivering at 35 wks - citing that she has seen several tragic outcomes when people waited longer.

the day I found out we were having twins I realized just about everything with this pregnancy was out of our control - so I am completely find with whenever the safest & healthiest time & date for these babies to come out is meant to be. (especially since I also realize these babies can decide on their own time when they want to come - scheduled c-sections be ******!) I will finishing work next week and realize the time to buy our car seats is NOW (I've always been a bit lax with my sense of urgency on preparations - I bought my son's car seat the day before I went into labor and he arrived at 40 wks 1 day ) just wondering what experience other mono/di twin mom's experience has been ... appreciate any feedback!