View Single Post
October 14th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Super Mommy
I just delivered my mono di girls 3 weeks ago! I delivered at 34 weeks. we had some other serious issues though. my girls had IUGR and they have some brain issues. they weren't growing properly so they decided they would be better off outside. I was completely comfortable with that because we were terrified of what was happening inside and what my body was doing to them. they were born at only 3lbs 6oz and 3lbs 2oz at 34 weeks but they are doing awesome! baby B needed some pressure into her lungs for 2 days and that was it. she is still in the nicu due to her not taking her bottles fully still (which we now are thinking has to do with her brain issues that we are still trying to figure out) but A is home with us and doing amazing!

I will add that my MFM had kept telling me they wouldn't let me go past 37w since the beginning because "this type of twin pregnancy is so risky".. yup I got that all the time too! EVERY appt they told me they hated dealing with "this type of twins" and "prefer the other kind" Um I'm sorry that I "CHOSE" to have mono di twins! lol I know they are being honest but really..

I kind of think that 35w is early for twins if they don't have any other issues though.. I would try to get to 36w at least if not 37+ but your docs know better than we do..
my case was a special case since we had soooo many health issues with me AND the babies so keep that in mind too..