View Single Post
October 14th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I was diagnosed with SCH at 15 weeks on a business trip out of state. I started gushing blood while i was checking into my hotel and thought it was over. I went to the ER and found out that I had a hematoma that was 7 cm. I am now 23 weeks and have been admitted in the hospital 2 times and have visited the emergency room a dozen times. I now have 2 hematomas, one at 4 cm and one at 8 cm. I have been on bedrest for almost 8 weeks now and last week I started going into labor. The baby is completely healthy but at this point, they cannot say what will happen. They are starting me on steroid shots and pills to help keep the contractions down and in 3 weeks I start steroid shots for the baby to speed the development as much as possible. Most pregnancies go to 40 weeks- at this point my goal is to hang on as long as possible but they doubt I will make it past 30 weeks. I spot almost everyday whether it is bright red or the brownish "old blood" color and have gushes like the original that send me back to the emergency room. I have to call my doctor's emergency line about once a week to get advise on what to do. I'm scared to death and my heart goes out to anyone who has to go through this kind of worry. I have a 2 year old at home that I cannot take care of by myself and someone has to take care of me as I cannot do anything by myself.