View Single Post
October 17th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
This previous topic really got my wondering.....

Who makes their kids finish what's on their plate??

I know that Tiffany said her kids have to finish everything to get more of one thing, does anyone else do this??

Or do your kid(s) eat what they want and how much they want?

I'm not trying to start a debate I truly just wonder how everyone handles meal times from this aspect. I get everyone is different and has different ways of running their household and we may not all agree.

For us....Peyton eats what she likes. Perfect example, last night we had pot roast, potatoes, green beans, and carrots. The only things Peyton would eat out of that are the green beans and carrots so that's all she ate. We put some roast and potatoes out for her along with the beans and carrots but she left those on her plate and ate all the beans and carrots and asked for more. She was obviously still hungry but didn't want to eat the things she didn't like, who would? So she got more green beans and carrots. So we fall in to the 3rd category I would never make her finish her plate before leaving the table even when she's older. There are lots of times I don't finish my plate because I'm full.
I also want to add that if we had a good meal and I knew Peyton liked part of it but only wanted to eat lets say cookies that would be a different story lol

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!