View Single Post
October 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM
My name is Amy. I am 28 weeks and have had a few problems. I have started having preterm contractions irregularly and have been put on bedrest until my dr appointment tomorrow. I was checked and my cervix is very soft but not dialated. I have so much pressure between my legs that it hurts to walk at times. My blood pressure was 143/87. I was given a 2 steroid shots 24 hours apart to help develop babys lungs but no one ever said anything about an early arrival. I am a ftm and I have no idea whats going on. I was told my blood pressure was a little high. I am really hoping that when I go to the dr tomorrow I will be off of bedrest but Im not sure what to expect. My contractions seem to be worse at night or when I am on my feet a lot. I feel like I have to use the restroom very often which I know is common but a lot of times I will barely do anything and then have to go again in 5 minutes. I have started having headaches and nasuea. Has anyone dealt with this before and can maybe tell me a little about what is going on? I am concerned about my blood pressure and why I would be given a steroid to develop the lungs if they aren't anticipating and early delivery..... Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.