View Single Post
October 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Huge hugs, I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks 6 months ago, and this time around I was beyond insane (and I mean that literally) because I had so many conflicting emotions going on in my head...it really is so scary, BUT, you are almost to 9 weeks, so that is a great sign...

my thoughts...
1. I put in one panicked call to my OB when I really needed a U/S for my own sanity, because she cared, she let me come in and ease my mind...you need to express to your nurse/DR about the previous M/C and how you just need a 2 minute U/S to ease your mind...if you dont think its going to work (if they arent kind people), then frankly, lie, say that you are bleeding and cramping, getting in there and easing your mind, you need that right now...

2. I had quite a bit of morning sickness with the one we lost (much more than I had with my son)...with this one, I've had practically none (even less than with my son)...yet, this one is doing just fine so far...

3. I am very thin, so if anyone should hear the heartbeat early, it is me...I have been trying since 8 weeks myself...today (9 weeks 5 days) is the very first time that I've heard the heartbeat on doppler...anything before 10 weeks is REALLY EARLY!! It depends on so many things from where the baby is to where your uterus is to how much padding is between the doppler and the baby, to where to are looking for the baby with the doppler...

Thinking of you this week, I was just there, and I really feel for you...